A followup study on eating habits confirmed the relationship between higher fruit and vegetable consumption and lower cardiovascular disease and death.
Specifically, consuming fruits and vegetables 3 or more times a day versus less than 1 time a day resulted in:
- 27% lower stroke incidence
- 42% lower stroke mortality
- 24% lower ischemic heart disease mortality
- 27% lower cardiovascular disease mortality
- 15% lower all-cause mortality
With studies like this, evidence in support of a vegan and vegetarian diet for better health is growing daily. Keep them coming!
Read the study summary at PubMed.
To your best health,