Well, after almost 14 years of being vegan I realized that in the past few years, I've eaten mostly raw, and have continued to feel better as time passed.
Reflecting on this, well, I just had to stir things up a bit and decided to go 100% vegan/raw :). The transition has been exciting even though I've been almost there for some time, other than the few cooked/heated foods occassionally.
I've noticed some disctinct changes... although I've been vegan for so many years, I'm still going through some detox. One of the many wonderful experiences has been the increase in taste awareness and the literal "explosion" of flavors I experience. It's quite amazing. The variety of whole, raw food meals is amazing and I look forward to trying something new every day.
Continued increase in energy, needing less sleep, mental awareness, vitality, weight loss, feeling light and vibrant are just a few of the many benefits I've been experiencing.
I've found food preparation not only easier, but faster (hey, it was already fast as a vegan!) especially since no cooking is needed. Clean up is brief... I've also dropped the use of my dishwasher to less than once a week.
There have been a few adjustments and I'm sure I'll continue making them along the way.
Here are some resources I've found helpful through the transition to 100% vegan/raw:
- RawFood.com - the store for supplies, as well as the forum and resources
- theGardenDiet and The Anti-Aging Diet - Storm, Jinjee and their family are a real inspiration
- VegSource.com - especially Dr. Graham's forum on Raw Food and Sports Nutrition
- AlissaCohen.com - Alissa has some great resources on the raw lifestyle, health benefits and recipes.
- Raw Secrets - Frederic Patenaude's take on going raw, and how to avoid the mistakes most make in transitioning. His views are slightly different than the mainstream raw movement and make sense. They are a great contribution to anyone looking for advice on going raw.
More as my journey continues. Please share your questions, thoughts and comments!
Peace, joy and health,
Comments Off on OK, I Just Had To Do It